Monday, May 3, 2010

Service Learning 9

Johana P. Martinez
Nina Perez
4/16/10
Introduction to Women's Studies


Activism: This week the SAFE board members presented our campaign to UCF's Golden Rule Committee, later that day the group and I found out from Rebecca it was accepted.Which for all of us was the best news we could have heard since we work so hard this semester to get this on the doctrine. Today was the Day of Silence and the the Rally for our campaign, i was able to go but i help make some poster board for it and from what i heard it was a good one, except i heard from my group that there was a group of middle school kids saying profanity to the cause and how one of our group members had a huge argument with someone who was against the cause, though overall they said it was a good Rally.

Reflection: Im so proud that our project was passed and that because of everyone's hard this was way possible. Which brings me to one of our discussion in class, which is when we were talking about the Gaia Girl enter the earth. In this discussion we talked about how the main character didnt give up on what she was fighting for, no matter how bad the situation got. I feel like that was my group this semester and no matter how many people refuse our cause or were against it, we didnt give on anything, on the other hand we tried harder for people to get to know our cause and support us.

Reciprocity: This project was a really good way for myself to open up to new things, express myself without being nervous, it also made me feel more courageous to tell my parents that i was gay and even though their reaction caught me by surprise i was proud that i finally didnt have to lie about a big part of my life. This project has shown me how people are willing to step up and help put when they know or learn what is going on.

Work Cited:
Welles, Lee.Gaia Girls: Enter the Earth. New York:Daisyworld P, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment